Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Do the "Right" Thing

In addition to the title of this post being a rockin' Spike Lee movie, I found a related quote in a book that I just finished and wanted to share my thoughts. The quote was something to the effect of,



"There are no right decisions, just different ones."
- A Great & Terrible Beauty, Libba Bray.


So with that in mind, I was pondering my life's choices and the potential results that could have risen from me making another choice or me having chosen not to choose at all. I've always believed that if you changed one thing or decision, the effect would ripple throughout the rest of your life, even if miniscule compared to the original debate/action. If you'd believe this quote, which I think is valid, there is not necessarily evidence of such a thing as fate if everything in life is a result of choices made or left unmade. I just loved this idea and yet it sort of creeps me out. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment